Wyoming is a digital consultancy which helps clients design, develop and optimise digital technologies. It serves global enterprise clients within the life science, finance and tech sectors. Our engineering and UX teams have built a reputation amongst our clients for adopting a thoughtful, creative and collaborative approach to solving complex technical challenges
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be confident and capable of balancing technical and user experience requirements without adding unnecessary risk or complexity to their eventual solution.
- We’re looking for an experienced (3+yrs in a mid to senior role) front-end developer who enjoys thinking about challenges from both a technical and user's perspective. You should enjoy collaborative problem solving with both colleagues and clients. You will have exceptional attention to detail and understand how to apply the tools and methodologies at your disposal (e.g. BrowserStack, automated testing) to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects.
- A relevant degree (e.g. BSc in Computer Science) or significant industry experience
- Experience with at least one front-end framework: Angular(JS), React, Vue
- A good working knowledge of build tools, including: npm, gulp, SASS, Babel
- Used a front-end framework, ideally Bootstrap (4+)
- A pragmatic approach to the limitations of legacy browsers, and ability to weigh the benefits of using bleeding-edge features over traditional implementations.
- No rigid allegiance to a specific framework or platform
- A strong understanding of source control systems: primarily git (but SVN experience helpful)
- Some exposure to modern PHP 7+ development would be beneficial: Composer, OOP, namespaces, etc.
- Experience with other server-side technologies (Java, Node, Python, Ruby) also an advantage.
- Any experience configuring web servers (Apache, Nginx), working with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), or cloud hosting with AWS (or GCP/Azure) would be a bonus.
- Must be happy working directly with UX designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- You’ll be a persuasive communicator (verbal and written) who can inspire confidence and maintain the commitment of senior decision makers. You’re unlikely to be daunted by the prospect of reaching out and asking for what you need.
In the first instance, please send us your CV together with a quick note telling us why you think you're a good match for the role. Please also include details of your current remuneration package.