About us:Wyoming is a digital consultancy that helps clients design, develop and optimise digital technologies. It serves global enterprise clients within the life science, finance and tech sectors. Our engineering and UX teams have built a reputation amongst our clients for adopting a thoughtful, creative and collaborative approach to solving complex technical challenges.
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be confident and capable of balancing technical and user experience requirements without adding unnecessary risk or complexity to their eventual solution.
- We’re looking for an experienced (5+yrs in a mid to senior role) full stack developer who enjoys thinking about engineering challenges from both a technical and user's perspective. You should enjoy collaborative problem solving with both colleagues and clients. You will have exceptional attention to detail in both your technical architecture and coding standards and understand how to apply the tools and methodologies at your disposal (e.g. TDD) to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience of developing, integrating and supporting complex web applications for both mobile and desktop.
- A relevant degree (e.g. BSc in Computer Science) or significant industry experience
- Experience with at least one front-end framework: Angular(JS), React, Vue
- A good working knowledge of build tools, including: npm, gulp, SASS, Babel
- Used a front-end framework, ideally Bootstrap (4+)
- A pragmatic approach to the limitations of legacy browsers, and ability to weigh the benefits of using bleeding-edge features over traditional implementations.
- Confident and proficient in modern PHP 7+ development: Composer, OOP, namespaces, etc.
- Experience with other server-side technologies (Java, Node, Python, Ruby) an advantage.
- A strong understanding of source control systems: primarily git, but SVN experience helpful
- Comfortable configuring web servers: Apache, Nginx
- Able to work effectively with MySQL and MySQL-like databases: MariaDB, Amazon Aurora (experience with other RDMS an advantage – Postgres, Oracle SQL Server, etc.)
- Understanding of cloud hosting with AWS: EC2, RDS, ELB, S3 (experience with Azure or GCP also advantageous)
- Experience of working directly with UX designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- You’ll be a persuasive communicator (verbal and written) who can inspire confidence and maintain the commitment of senior decision makers. You’re unlikely to be daunted by the prospect of reaching out and asking for what you need.
In the first instance, please send us your CV together with a quick note telling us why you think you're a good match for the role. Please also include details of your current remuneration package.